Registration opened February 1. Children must be 4 years-old by September 1, 2023 in order to enroll. The program is free, with the exception of a $20 materials fee.
First Day of School 2023-24
- September 7: First day of school for 4K
- September 8: No school for 4K
HSSD partners with community organizations (partner sites) to offer 4-year-old Kindergarten (4K) taught by Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction licensed teachers. To complete the registration, be prepared to provide the following:
- Child's birth certificate
- Child's immunization record
- Proof of residence (utility bill, mortgage, or lease)
Note: Walk-In Registration is available at the HSSD District Office or any school office. In order to complete registration, you must provide the verifications listed above.
Note: If you do not live in the District but are interested in HSSD 4K, you may apply to open enroll your child through the Open Enrollment Process.
4K is offered in half-day sessions, Monday-Thursday.
- Morning Session: 8:05-11:15 a.m.
- Afternoon Session: 12:05-3:15 p.m.
Children who will be 4 on or before September 1 of that year are eligible to register for 4K.