If you have an alternative bus pick-up and drop-off location request, please fill out the Special Request for Transportation Change Form and return the completed form to Lamers Bus Lines as soon as possible. Please reach out to Lamers Bus Lines at 920-434-5100 with questions.
Transportation Partnership with Lamers
- Bus Expectations
- Bus Consequences
- Bus Safety Tips
- Busing FAQs
- Busing to Private Schools
- HSSD Transportation Disclaimer
HSSD encompasses 58 square miles in Howard and Suamico. HSSD is made up of the following:
- Five Elementary Schools (K-4)
- Bay Harbor
- Forest Glen
- One Intermediate School (5-6)
- One Middle School (7-8)
- Bay View
- One High School (9-12)
- Bay Port
Be Safe - Be Respectful - Be Responsible - Be Kind
- Students will sit in their assigned seat as prepared by the driver.
- Students will stay in their seats until the bus gets to their assigned stops.
- Students will keep their hands, feet and other objects to themselves while riding.
- Voice volume should be level 0-2 at all times.
- Get to know your bus driver’s name.
- Silence personal devices - they should not be heard by others.
- Videos or photos of other students will not be taken.
- Students need to get off the bus only at their designated stop. If there is an issue with the designated spot, their parents must contact Lamers directly.
- School devices must remain in backpacks at all times.
- There is no eating or drinking on the bus.
- Use appropriate language at all times.
- Greet your driver when boarding the bus and thank them when leaving.
- Take turns with others while waiting in line and when talking on the bus.
- Be aware of others around you that might need help.
Bus Consequences (updated August 25, 2022)
Click here for a printable version of the information below. Note: This process is for use with what would be considered minor violations of bus expectations. Egregious violations will immediately be referred to the school administration for follow up and processing.
|Driver verbally warns the student.
|Student will be assigned seat closer to the front of the bus for 5 days or equivalent of. Lamers will send a bus conduct report to school notifying them of behaviors and what has been tried by the driver thus far. School will document behaviors and documentation contact parents to inform them of the situation.
|Lamers will send a bus conduct report to the school administration. School administration documents, discusses behavior with parents and student. School can assign school consequences as well in addition to any bus consequences that have been assigned. School administration will follow up with Lamers and let them know of the result of the conversation for their documentation.
|Lamers will send a bus conduct report to the school administration. The student’s bus privileges will be suspended for a period of time deemed appropriate by the school administration. School administration will contact parents to let them know of the situation. School administration will follow up with Lamers and let them know of the result of the conversation for their documentation.
|If a violation is serious or jeopardizes the safety of the passengers or drive (such as physical assault, verbal assault, use of an illegal substance, possession of weapons or fire causing agents), the Lamers will send a bus conduct report to the school administration. The school administration will suspend riding privileges for a period of time deemed appropriate or recommend expulsion from bus transportation.
While waiting for the school bus:
- Riders are expected to be on time at the designated bus stop. The bus will come to a full and complete stop but will not wait for late students.
- Stay off of the roadway and follow the bus driver instructions in special situations.
- Wait until the bus comes to a full stop before attempting to board.
- Enter the bus single file, one at a time.
- Appropriate and safe behavior is expected at all times.
While riding the school bus:
- Riders shall conform to the same standards of conduct and cleanliness that are expected of them at school.
- Riders are expected to obey the bus driver in a prompt fashion.
- Riders shall remain seated while the bus is in motion.
- Riders shall not extend head or limbs out of a window at any time, or throw anything out of the windows.
- Horseplay is not allowed.
- Profane or indecent language will not be tolerated.
- The driver has the authority to assign riders to designated seats.
- Animals or pets are not allowed aboard the bus.
- Eating or drinking is not allowed on the bus.
- Smoking is not allowed on the bus.
- There must be absolute quiet when approaching a railroad-crossing stop.
- The emergency door shall not be used except in cases of emergency or safety drills.
After leaving the bus:
- Immediately move away from the bus.
- If you must cross the street while the bus is using flashing red lights, check traffic carefully before crossing. If your bus driver uses a signal, wait for the signal before crossing.
- Be careful at all times.
I want my child to attend a different elementary school. What is the process?
Parents must send a letter to the principal of the school they wish their child to attend. Such requests cannot be considered until August 15 or later, and are temporarily granted annually based on class sizes. Parents must provide transportation should transportation services not be available.
Our lease has expired and we have found a temporary residence in another district. May my student continue to attend his/her current school?
Yes. Contact the District Registrar at 920-662-7798 to obtain Tuition Waiver information.
How do we verify that our residence will be located within HSSD?
Visit the Brown County Website and search by your parcel number. This will verify school district information.
For more information regarding residence, contact the Village of Howard at 920-434-4060 or the Village of Suamico at 920-434-2212 and give them the tax parcel number. Ask an official there to verify where the school taxes are paid.
My student attends HSSD through open enrollment. May my student ride the bus?
Yes, you may drop off your student at a regular bus stop within the school, as long as there is room on the bus, to be bused to school.
What is the district policy on alternative bus pick-up and drop-off locations?
Pick-up and drop-off locations must be consistent Monday through Friday. Intermittent service may be provided if on a regular basis. For example, every Friday or Monday drop-off at alternate address. Requests must be made on a Special Request for Transportation Change form.
My child attends a child-care facility. What is the policy regarding school of attendance and transportation?
Elementary schools are assigned and bus routes are established based on the child's residence. Transportation to and from child-care addresses only will be provided if the location is on a bus route serving the school your child is assigned to or attending based upon your home address.
What alternatives are available to me if my child-care provider is not on a bus route?
Because of HSSD policy, bus routes will not be altered. Your options are as follows:
- Attend before and after school program if available.
- Have your child-care provider transport to school.
- Switch to a child-care provider on a bus route.
How do I know if a child-care provider is on a bus route?
Contact Lamers Bus Lines at 920-434-5100 and press #2, or ask the child care provider.
We are planning to buy/build in another attendance area this year, will my child be able to finish the school year at his/her present school?
Your child may be allowed to complete the school year; however, you may have to transport him/her. Contact the principal of the school your child is attending for approval.
I believe the bus pick-up or drop-off location is unsafe. What is the District’s policy on safety?
Safety is the top priority of HSSD. If you are concerned about the safety of your child's bus stop, please call Lamers Bus Lines at 920-434-5100 and press #2 to determine if your stop has been reviewed.
May my child ride home on a friend's bus?
On a regular basis, students are not allowed to be dropped off at a stop other than their designated stop unless an emergency exists (i.e. Death in the family, parents out of town, no one home to meet child).
Because notes are not accepted by drivers, please complete a Special Request for Transportation Change form. Once this information is completed, approval or disapproval will be noted, and the parent will be informed. The bus company will then contact the correct bus driver(s) and the school.
How do I report a transportation concern?
Fill out the Transportation Service Concern Form. Contact Lamers Bus Lines at 920-434-5100 and press #2, HSSD Business Services at 920-662-7878, or stop by any school building. Your written concern will be reviewed by Lamers Bus Lines and HSSD. You will receive a response within three working days of receipt.
HSSD will bus to the following parochial schools unless students have a safe route to walk to school. Please contact Lamers Bus at 920-434-5100 to make arrangements.
Adventist Junior Academy
1422 Shawano Avenue Green Bay, WI 54303
Notre Dame Academy
610 Maryhill Drive Green Bay, WI 54303
St. Mark Evangelical Lutheran School
1167 Kenwood Green Bay, WI 54304
Bay City Baptist School
1840 Bond Street Green Bay, WI 54303
1420 Division Street Green Bay, WI 54304
St. John the Baptist School
2561 Glendale Green Bay, WI 54313