The Howard-Suamico Education Foundation (HSEF) and Howard-Suamico School District (HSSD) are proud to announce the inaugural HSSD CARE Awards.
Click here to view the photo slideshow.
Below are the first-ever HSSD CARE Award winners. They were recognized during surprise visits to each school.
- Gary Caelwaerts, Bay Port Custodian
- Alexis Foley, Suamico School Counselor
- Maggie Jolly, District Office Administrative Assistant
- Melissa Martinson, Meadowbrook Secretary
- Kristen Possley, Bay Harbor Special Education Teacher
- Rick Seiler, Forest Glen Custodian
- Jayme Shefchik, Bay View Math Teacher
- Jenny Woldt, Lineville Special Education Teacher
- Suzanne Zimmerman, Howard School Counselor
One employee at each building was recognized for demonstrating positive characteristics that contribute to our caring learning community. These awards were determined through an anonymous peer voting process at each HSSD building. Voting was based on how the employees exhibit joy in their roles and a love for public education, foster healthy relationships with others, contribute to a positive school climate, and value every contribution with respect and honor.
Making the HSSD CARE Awards possible are our sponsors, who, in partnership with HSEF, provided the following:
- $1,250 stipend for the HSSD CARE Award winner
- $750 grant for the CARE Award winner’s school
- $500 to the HSEF Endowment Fund
HSSD CARE Award Sponsors:
- The Horton Group
- Savoye Salon Spa
- BayCare Clinic
- Engage Orthodontics
- Witt Auto Crivitz & Witt Family Ford Pulaski
- Duet Resource Group & KI
- EUA & Miron Construction
- Cisco & Heartland Business Systems
Friends of HSSD CARE Awards:
About HSSD CARE Awards
CARE stands for Congratulate, Appreciate, Recognize, Esteem. It is our belief that each person serving at HSSD - from classrooms to lunch rooms, front offices, gymnasiums and beyond - makes a direct impact on the children and future of our communities. Their work impacts us all for the better and the winners are being recognized for their direct impact on students and the future of our communities.