- Board of Education
Class Motto: “A Vision Becoming Reality"
Sunday, June 13, 2021, at 2 p.m., the 57th class to graduate from Bay Port High School walked across the outdoor stage gathering its diplomas, a sunflower, photos and best wishes at the annual commencement ceremony. The audience included family, friends, faculty, and staff members.
The class of 2021 includes:
- 142 National Honor Society members
- 115 students on the Honors list for 7 semesters (3.20-3.749)
- 91 students who earned Advanced Placement Scholar Awards
- 77 students who earned a place on the High Honors list for 7 semesters (3.75-4.0)
- 71 students graduating with a grade point average of 4.0 or higher
- 71 students were recipients of 108 scholarships totaling $849,600
- 3 students graduating with the International Baccalaureate Diploma
- 3 students who enlisted in the United States Military
- Numerous musicians, artists, athletes, technology-minded and academically gifted students who competed at the state level
- Many students who volunteered their time, energy and resources throughout our community
Future plans for some of the 2021 Bay Port graduates include entering fields such as international relations, music, medicine, education, theater, psychology, law, biomedical science, environmental sciences, political science, physics, engineering, fire-fighting, cosmetology, and the armed forces, to name only a few. These graduates started kindergarten in the fall of 2008 and have seen numerous changes in their neighborhoods, their schools, the community, and in the world. Adapting, learning and growing through these changes will serve them well in the future as one can only imagine the changes they will see and the history they will make in the next 13 years.
The achievements of this class combined with their plans for the future have opened up endless possibilities. As these young adults leave Bay Port High School to begin the next stage of their lives, they take with them the hopes of past generations of graduates. They will draw upon their experiences of the past 13 years, inside and outside of the classroom, to help navigate whatever path they choose. May our Bay Port graduates view the successes they have realized thus far as foundational to the successes of their future. The Board of Education congratulates the Class of 2021 and wishes each and every one of them the best of luck in their future endeavors.
For more information about the Howard-Suamico School District, please visit our website at www.hssdschools.org.