HSSD is now enrolling 4K students for the 2023-2024 school year. Children must be 4 years-old by September 1, 2023 in order to enroll.
The 4K program is held Monday through Thursday in community childcare centers and preschools, and is taught by Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction licensed teachers. The program is free, with the exception of a $20 annual materials fee.
Why should your child enroll in 4K?
- The math and literacy curriculum is aligned with the HSSD Kindergarten curriculum, making for a smooth transition into elementary school.
- Speech/Language and Early Childhood services are provided within the 4K environment.
- Brain-friendly experiences will help strengthen your child's cognitive and physical development.
- Establishing classroom routines and expectations aid in a successful transition to Kindergarten.
- Focus on developmental social/emotional learning helps children understand their emotions, empathy, collaboration, and conflict resolution with their peers.