Results (published April 11, 2022)
- Jennifer Zhu, Meadowbrook 4th grade Meadowbrook student, tied for first place for her book Time Lapse. She also received the 3rd place illustrator award for the book.
- Lydia VerHaagh, 4th grade Suamico student, tied for second place for her book The Tennessee Night.
- Sydney Liss, 7th grade student at Bay View, tied for third place for her book Eclipse.
All of the books will be displayed at the DKG Wisconsin State Conference on May 7 in Fond du Lac. As a first place winner, Zhu will have the opportunity to attend the conference and read her book to the DKG WSO conference attendees.
Original Story (published February 16, 2022)
The HSSD Gifted and Talented program is proud to announce that eight Howard-Suamico School District students placed in the DKG - Zeta Chapter Mary Jo Nettesheim Memorial writing competition.
The winners were honored at an awards ceremony at Preble High School on February 15. Dr. Rebecca Meacham, UW-Green Bay writing professor, shared inspirational remarks and writing wisdom with attendees.
HSSD was honored with eight winners in various categories.
- Sidney Liss, 7th grade, won first place
- Marcus Christenson, 6th grade, tied for first place
- Lydia VerHaagh, 4th grade, tied for first place
- Jennifer Zhu, 4th grade, tied for first place
- Nolan Piciask, 7th grade, took second place
- Lauren Hart, 3rd grade, tied for second place
- Lorelei Turkow, 5th grade, tied for third place
- Lily Jensen, 6th grade, tied for third place
The books written by first place winners will move on to the state-level of the competition to be held in April. Congratulations to all winners on a job well done!