HSSD Graduate Profile
The HSSD Graduate Profile is the district's vision to prepare all students for success in an ever-changing world. In addition to academic knowledge and skills, the HSSD Graduate Profile focuses on developing seven key characteristics in all students. View the seven key characteristics in bold below.
- A Self Starter is motivated to take action.
- A Critical Thinker investigates the quality of ideas and how they connect.
- A Collaborator is a helpful and active participant who shares responsibility while working toward a common goal.
- A Communicator seeks to understand others and to be understood.
- An Adaptable person is able to adjust.
- A Responsible person acts with empathy and takes ownership of the outcomes of their choices.
- A Solutionist solves problems.
What is Graduate Profile?
The Graduate Profile Learning Continuum provides families an understanding of the progression of learning around the Graduate Profile for our students. The HSSD Graduate Profile learning continuum guides student learning experiences of the knowledge, skills, and habits Pre K-12. View the HSSD Learning Continuum.
Graduate Profile: Our HSSD Journey
Graduate Profile: Profile to Practice
Graduate Profile Spotlights
Mrs. Kuffel's first grade class at Meadowbrook created a video about Leadership Portfolios and Student-Led Conferences. Read news story.
Bringing Critical Thinking to Life
Ms. Wenzel's fifth grade students at Lineville brought critical thinking to life as they learned about ecosystems and animals. View tweet.
Student Snapshot: Kayla Schmidt, Self-Starter
Schmidt, seventh grader at Bay View, identified a need and created sensory jellyfish to donate to a state-wide organization. See feature.