Early Childhood Special Education
What We Do
Special Education Services are provided to students ages 3-4 who have met educational criteria for an impairment area and require special education services provided through an Individualized Education Plan (IEP).
Services for students who qualify are provided by early childhood special education teachers in a variety of school or community settings within HSSD, including regular education classrooms, special education classrooms, preschools, and 4K schools. Itinerant services may be provided.
Early childhood special education teachers may provide home visits to support families of children with disabilities regarding home, community, and school behaviors, routines, social, early academic, and independent skills.
Consultation services to community-based child care providers or early learning staff may also be provided. Call 920-662-7881 to consult with an Early Childhood Special Education Staff Member.
What Special Education Teachers Provide
- Teaching of Individual Education Plan (IEP) goals in a variety of school or community settings. This includes:
- Regular education classrooms
- Special education classrooms
- Child care sites
- 4K classrooms
- Home visits to support families of children with disabilities regarding home and community behaviors, routines, and independence skills.
- Consultation services to community-based child care providers or early learning program staff.
Child Development Day/Child Find Screening Details
- What is a Child Development Day/Child Find Screening?
- What to Expect at a Child Development Day/Child Find Screening
- Child Development Dates
- Concerns About Your Child's Development?