Social Emotional Wellness
What is Social Emotional Wellness?
- Social and emotional wellness is our capacity to manage our thoughts, feelings and behavior positively so we can enjoy life, maintain positive relationships and work toward our goals.
- Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) is the process through which children and adults understand and manage emotions, set and achieve positive goals, feel and show empathy for others, establish and maintain positive relationships, and make responsible decisions
September is Suicide Prevention Month
Suicide is a public health issue in Wisconsin. Wisconsin's suicide rate increased by 40% from 2000 to 2017. In 2019, 850 Wisconsin residents died by suicide. Everyone can take action to prevent suicide. Join us in bringing awareness to reduce stigma and prevent future suicides by taking part in the following:
- September 11: Be The Light Walk, Leicht Memorial Park, Green Bay, 5 p.m.
- September 21: My Ascension Community Screening, Bay Port PAC, 6:45 p.m.
- September 27: Round Table Community Suicide Prevention Conversation, HSSD District Office Training Center, 6:30 p.m.
- Click here to view these and other events in coordination with Suicide Prevention Month.
Supporting Youth Mental Health in Changing and Challenging Times
HSSD, in collaboration with community mental health providers from Bellin Health, Prevea, and Foundations Health and Wholeness, is excited to provide a series of videos discussing youth mental health and how living in times of crisis can impact and change feelings and behavior.