Medications and Absences
HSSD has a district-wide medication policy.
Students requiring medication at school shall be identified by parents to the principal or school office. Students are not allowed to carry medication on their person for their safety and the safety of others. All medication will be dispensed from the office.
- Over-the-Counter Form
- Must be completed for over-the-counter medication.
- This includes cough drops and herbal supplements.
- Prescription Form
- Prescription medications require signatures from the physician and parent.
- Allergy and Anaphylaxis Form
- Inhaled Medication Form
- Medical Procedure Form
- Medications will not be dispensed from the school office until ALL forms have been completed.
- Medication must be in prescription bottle for the prescribed medication and the original container for over-the-counter medications.
- Do not send medications in envelopes, plastic bags, or other containers.
- Medications must be brought to school by the parent.