What We Do
HSSD Health Services oversees the health and wellness of HSSD students. The purpose of this page is to provide health information and resources for living a health life in school and at home.
COVID-19 Symptom Checker and Reporting Process
- Symptom Checker: Prior to sending your child to school or visiting any of our schools, view the COVID-19 symptom checker. The symptom checker is also listed below. (Source: CDC).
- Steps to Take When Sick:
- If your child(ren) is experiencing any of the symptoms listed on the graphic below, please keep your child home from school.
- Next, call the confidential COVID-19 hotline at 920-662-7233 (SAFE) to leave a message on the voicemail system.
- This system is monitored by School Nurses, Executive Director of Student Services, and Director of Human Resources.
- Call the COVID-19 Hotline to:
- Ask a COVID-19 symptom-related question.
- Report a COVID-19 testing result.
- Report COVID-19 exposure.
- FAQ Video: To learn more about the COVID-19 hotline and positive COVID-19 cases in schools, watch this Q&A video featuring Jennie Garceau, Executive Director of Student Services.
- COVID-19 Information: Visit the HSSD COVID-19 page to learn more about health and safety.
Medication and Absences
HSSD has a medication policy that must be followed by all students. Learn more about medications at school and excused absences.
How to Prevent Illness
- Stay home when you are sick to prevent the spread of illness.
- Wash hands or use hand sanitizer to clean hands of any germs.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with your elbow or a tissue.
- Get plenty of rest and water, and eat a healthy diet to boost your immune system.
- Clean surfaces (such as doorknobs, counters, toys, and light switches) to rid them of germs.
- Avoid touching your eyes, mouth, and nose.