Community Task Force Video
Task Force Report
The Task Force submitted the above recommendations to the HSSD Board of Education during its January 11, 2021 meeting, based on a unanimous vote by members for recommendations 1-4 and a majority vote for recommendation 5.
- Present a proposal to voters in the April 2021 referendum.
- The April 2021 facilities referendum should not exceed $100 million.
- The facilities referendum should prioritize the district’s most urgent capital improvement needs at all schools and learning environment renovations should be made at Bay View Middle School and Forest Glen Elementary School.
- The school board should continue to see to engage the district community in the needs of the district and to educate community members about the district’s financial situation.
- The school board should consider lowering the levy rate.