Tax Levy Rate
- How can HSSD borrow $98 million for facilities needs and lower the levy rate?
- If the HSSD tax levy rate has been stable at $9.19, why does my property tax bill show an increase?
- If the school district tax levy rate decreases with this referendum plan, does that guarantee that my school property tax bill will decrease?
- Why do school districts used fair market value to calculate property taxes instead of assessed value?
- What are the projects planned for each school as part of the referendum?
- How were Bay View and Forest Glen selected to receive learning environment improvements over other schools?
- Will construction interfere with my child’s school day?
- When will the projects start and when will they be done?
- When will the district start paying for the projects?
- When will other school learning environments be updated?
- What are learning environment improvements at Forest Glen and Bay View going to look like?
- Why are facilities needs at other schools not fully addressed in this plan?
- What happens if one question passes and the other does not or if neither question passes?
- Will there be public meetings to ask questions and learn more information?
- Can I tour one of our schools to learn more?
- What are the District’s financial challenges?
- What is a revenue limit?
- Why is the operational referendum renewal reduced to $5 million from $5.85 million?
- How was the money from the 2018 operational referendum spent?
- Where can I learn more about the Bay Port Strength and Performance center and other recent renovation projects supported by private donations and the Howard-Suamico Education Foundation (HSEF)?
- What did the District spend its CARES Act funding on?