Social Emotional Wellness
What is Social Emotional Wellness?
- Social and emotional wellness is our capacity to manage our thoughts, feelings and behavior positively so we can enjoy life, maintain positive relationships and work toward our goals.
- Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) is the process through which children and adults understand and manage emotions, set and achieve positive goals, feel and show empathy for others, establish and maintain positive relationships, and make responsible decisions
Social Emotional Instructional Guide 2020-21
- Focus on social and emotional health during the first week back for students and staff.
Climate and Culture
- Work to introduce students to new look and feel of school and classrooms before school starts, creating welcoming environments for learning.
- Leverage existing curricular resources such as Leader in Me, Panorama, Zones of Regulation, and Advisory periods
- Daily opportunities for wellness checks and student-to- student and student-to-adult relationship building.
- May require additional resources to support new or different materials and systems.
- Focus on staff wellness program and communicate Employee Assistance Program options.
Moving Among Plans A, B, C
- Needs will likely change if/as instructional models change in response to school or community conditions. At these points, additional SEL resources and strategies will be implemented for staff and students.