Social Emotional Wellness
What is Social Emotional Wellness?
- Social and emotional wellness is our capacity to manage our thoughts, feelings and behavior positively so we can enjoy life, maintain positive relationships and work toward our goals.
- Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) is the process through which children and adults understand and manage emotions, set and achieve positive goals, feel and show empathy for others, establish and maintain positive relationships, and make responsible decisions
Supporting Youth Mental Health in Changing and Challenging Times
HSSD, in collaboration with community mental health providers from Bellin Health, Prevea, and Foundations Health and Wholeness, is excited to provide a series of videos discussing youth mental health and how living in times of crisis can impact and change feelings and behavior.
Social Emotional Instructional Guide
- Focus on social and emotional health during the first week back for students and staff.
Climate and Culture
- Work to introduce students to new look and feel of school and classrooms before school starts, creating welcoming environments for learning.
- Leverage existing curricular resources such as Leader in Me, Panorama, Zones of Regulation, and Advisory periods
- Daily opportunities for wellness checks and student-to- student and student-to-adult relationship building.
- May require additional resources to support new or different materials and systems.
- Focus on staff wellness program and communicate Employee Assistance Program options.