Two Options for School Meals To-Go
1. Curbside Meal Pickup: Curbside Meal Pickup is available Fridays from 10:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m. at Meadowbrook, Bay View, and Bay Harbor. Families will receive meal bundle bags for the week.
2. Home Meal Delivery: If you choose, meals will be delivered to families weekly on Wednesdays and Fridays at no charge. HSSD School Nutrition has partnered with Lamers Bus Lines in this venture. The delivery location must be within HSSD boundaries. Families will receive meal bundle bags for the week.
Home Meal Delivery Details
- The delivery location can be the child's home, a family member's home, a daycare provider, etc.
- Families must sign up with the form (one per child) by Friday at 8 a.m.
- Once you are signed up, you do not need to sign up again.
- Meals will be delivered Fridays between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. Delivery times will be determined by route.
- You may not request delivery times.
- You do not need to be home for meal delivery.
- It is recommended to leave a cooler on your porch or next to your address (fire) number sign.
- If you live in an apartment, a 15-minute pick-up window will be communicated after sign-up.
- Meal delivery times will not be consistent and are subject to change due to weather or route changes.
- If you have pets, please secure them and/or keep them inside. We need to keep our delivery staff safe.
School Meals To-Go Details
- School Meals To-Go will include weekly bundles of both breakfast and lunch.
- Breakfast meal items will provide a variety of one of the following:
- Healthy whole grain breakfast muffins, graham crackers, a pancake, or a granola bar
- 100% juice, whole fresh fruit, and/or low-fat milk
- Lunch will provide:
- Main entree (i.e.: chicken sandwich, cheese pizza, PBJ, turkey sub sandwiches, etc.)
- Fresh or frozen vegetables
- Whole fresh or cupped fruit
- Low-fat milk
USDA Funds School Meals To-Go Through June 30, 2021
School Meals To-Go are free for all students 18 and under through June 30, 2021. This service is provided by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA).
If you have questions about the School Meals To-Go program or if you no longer would like or need meals, contact Kim Paulson at firstname.lastname@example.org.