Reopening HSSD Schools 2020-21
Dear HSSD Families and Staff,
When we started the reopen planning process this spring, I indicated that feedback from families and staff would be critical in forming a viable plan to reopen our schools and that our plan would need to adapt to changing community health conditions. Following our two initial drafts and with gratitude for your continued engagement and feedback, today I am pleased to share the HSSD Reopening Schools Plan.
Damian LaCroix, Superintendent
Quicklinks to HSSD Reopening Plan Details
Reopening HSSD Schools 2020-21 Publication - Updated July 31, 2020
Viewing Option: Google Slides
Reopening HSSD Schools 2020-21 Plans - Updated July 31, 2020
Viewing Option: On Web
New in the Reopening Plan
- Lineville School Hours
- Plan B Groups (Last Names A-L and M-Z)
- Weekly Schedules by School
- Sample Student Schedules by School
- Special Bussing Requests
- School Calendar Updates
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Points of Contact
- Grading: Grading practices will return to what they were prior to school closure: standards-based grades for K-6 and letter grades for grades 7-12.
- July 31 - HSSD Reopen Plan Announced
- August 7 - Online Learning Program Enrollment Deadline
- August 12 and 13, 19 and 20 - Staff Professional Development Days
- September 1 and 2 - First Days of School
For more information regarding the K-12 Family Choice: Online Learning Program, contact Becky Zimmer, Coordinator of Curriculum.
- HSSD will provide a full at-home online learning option to accommodate any family or student who prefers it for any reason.
- Students who select full-time online learning will have the option to return to the current form of in-person instruction at the end of each quarter.
- In order to finalize staffing for the upcoming school year, we are asking to indicate your learning program preference for the 2020-21 school year. The deadline for online program enrollment is August 7, 2020 at 5 p.m. Click here to enroll.