Reopening HSSD Schools 2020-21
A task force of 51 administrators, teachers, and support staff meet weekly to plan the reopening of HSSD schools for the 2020-21 school year. Visit this page for ongoing and regular updates as the task force continues its work throughout July.
Please share your feedback on the first draft of the Reopening HSSD Schools plan by clicking the button below and participating in our Thoughtexchange.
Quicklinks to HSSD Reopening Plan Details
Latest Updates (as of July 2, 2020)
- The first draft of the Reopening HSSD Schools 2020-21 plan was released.
- Families and staff can share their feedback on the first draft by participating in our Thoughtexchange.
- The HSSD task force held its fourth meeting July 1, 2020.
- The HSSD 2020-21 Planning Survey was open for responses from families and staff from June 10-16, 2020. A summary of survey results was presented to the Board of Education June 22 and is available here.
- Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction (DPI) released its Education Forward plan for safely and successfully opening Wisconsin schools June 22, 2020.
- View the five commitments that guide task force discussions and decisions.
- July 8: HSSD Task Force meeting 5
- July 9: Brown County Safe Reopening Schools meeting
- July 12: Thoughtexchange closes
- July 15: HSSD Task Force meeting 6