COVID-19 Return to School Guidance
- HSSD expects that students and staff who are ill will not attend school.
- HSSD will send ill students home.
- COVID-19 will be managed as we would treat any other illness.
- Routine support will be provided to students who are ill (e.g., providing homework, posting on Schoology, etc.) to assist in keeping pace with learning.
- Students and staff who are COVID-19 positive should isolate for 5 days, followed by 5-day recommended masking if attending school.
- Masks are optional for all. Respect for personal decisions to wear or not wear a mask is expected.
- Students who are not able to attend due to illness should report absences through school attendance lines, as in the past.
- Students in extracurricular activities should consult with their family physician to determine readiness to return to practice, competition, etc.
COVID-19 Symptom Checker
- Families and staff may visit the Brown County Department of Health website for general guidance on COVID-19.
- We encourage families to consult their family physician for specific guidance regarding personal health questions.
- Note: In the event that community health conditions deteriorate to the point of disrupting the delivery of educational services, HSSD may implement different mitigation measures than those described above.
Page Updated: August 8, 2022